Updates & Workshops
- I have given my website a long-overdue face lift. Visitors who are familiar with the website will note that I have re-arranged the galleries, adding some new images and taking down others. The framing for my images is a new design as well, and I hope you like the presentation as much as I do. I have also sought to simplify the site. I want each image to stand on its own. I have to confess that I also hope the lack of verbiage and explanation will encourage visitors to contact me with questions and comments.
- The 2010 Single Image Awards edition of B & W Magazine (Issue #72), has been released on newsstands. I am pleased that one of my images was selected for a Merit Award. Unfortunately, B & W mis-labeled the image as being one of Lake Superior. In fact, it is an image of the Atlantic Ocean during a storm off the coast of Acadia National Park and is included in that gallery on this website, as part of a series of three images taken during the storm.
- The 2009 Portfolio Awards edition of B & W Magazine (Issue #68), which features fine art black & white photography, has been released on newsstands. I am pleased that my portfolio submission was selected for a Merit Award. You can see the images published in B & W in the Marine Reflections Gallery on this website.
- In mid-April, 2009 The Detroit Legal News published an article featuring my landscape photography, as the Oakland County Bar Association is about to mount a permanent exhibit of eight of my landscape images in the lawyer's conference room located at the Oakland County Circuit Courthouse in Pontiac, Michigan. The article, a full-page feature, appears in the legal newspapers for Wayne, Oakland and Macomb counties.
- I am so pleased that photographs I made for Landscape Concepts, Inc. - a multimillion dollar midwest landscaping firm - helped the company garner an award for landscape artistry in the state of Michigan. The images were made throughout the summer, 2008 and several are now posted in the Gardenscapes gallery. They are part of the series of images made at Turnberry Estates. I hope you enjoy them!
- Holly Cara Price features Gardenscapes Studio at her wonderfully smart and insightful blog Scoop* Du Jour. Check out her horoscoop* de jour, Gemini's June 1st reading. While you are there, be sure to look around. Holly's blog has a finger on the pulse of all things cultural, both the cultured pearls and the wannabe lumps of clay! http://hollycaraprice.wordpress.com/
- A new gallery of images from my recent trip to Acadia National Park has now been posted. This is an exquisite area of Maine, that has something to offer everyone, from the casual walker to seasoned hiker, including woods, mountain meadows, oceans, rocky landscape, wildlife and diverse ecosystems. I hope you enjoy the images I made from my trip to Acadia and that you will sometime visit the area as well.
- As of July 2006, this website has a whole new look, and it is often updated, with new galleries and information. Please let me know your thoughts by sending me an email at the Contact page, and check back often for new content.
- June & July, 2006.This has been a great summer for photography workshops in Michigan. I conducted two very successful workshops, one for young people and the other focused on flower and garden photography. I hope to set up a student gallery in the near future.
- April, 2006. A feature article about GARDENSCAPES Studio was published on April 12, 2006 at www.landscapenetwork.com, a resource website for all kinds of landscaping needs. You can view the article by clicking here
- April 15, 2006. I am pleased to announce that GARDENSCAPES Studio is now producing images for commercial landscaping firms, highlighting and showcasing landscape projects in marketing and promotional materials, including websites and brochures.
- March 30, 2006. An excellent article about my landscape photography and GARDENSCAPES Studio was published, along with several full color images, in the "Home & Garden" section of the Detroit Jewish News on March 30, 2006.
- March, 2006. The State Bar of Michigan's ejournal now publishes one of my landscape images every morning when it emails updates in the law on a daily basis to lawyers throughout the state of Michigan.
- March, 2006. GARDENSCAPES Studio has become an immensely popular project. Unique fine art prints are created on commission from a client's own landscaped garden. The possibilities for a singular fine art image are endless, and are created to meet the aesthetic and design needs of the client. GARDENSCAPES Studio images are not reproduced for sale to the general public. GARDENSCAPES images are works of fine art photography custom-designed for the client. I invite you to check out the GARDENSCAPES Studio page on this website for additional information.
- Thank you to all who stopped by to see my recent landscape work at the Birmingham Temple art fair. For those of you who scheduled Spring, 2006 GARDENSCAPES photoshoots - I look forward to working with you!
- PHOTOSHOP Lessons. I offer beginner tutoring in the use of PHOTOSHOP - strictly for photographers. I will work with up to three students in a session. You will need a laptop computer, with Photoshop CS 2 or later installed.
- Landscape & Garden Photography Workshops. Interested in learning the fundamentals or honing your landscape photography skills? Contact me to schedule an outing. Individuals and groups welcome.
- The content of this website is routinely updated. Please visit again!
The images on this website are protected by federal copyright law. Any unauthorized use is a Federal offense. Unauthorized use includes any copying of images from this site.